General Contest Rules
11700 Central Parkway, Jacksonville FL. 32224
Unless otherwise specified, these Official Rules apply to any promotion (whether called a "sweepstakes" or a "contest") on the above stations. If official rules other than these Official Rules apply to a particular promotion, those official rules will be posted on this website and identified by the name of the promotion.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, this contest (the "Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents of Florida and Georgia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cox Radio, Inc. d/b/a Cox Media Group Jacksonville ("Sponsor") and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term "family members" includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Contest will take place between the start and end times and dates stated on air (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
If the Contest requires entrants to call-in to win:
Listen to the station for Sponsor to identify the cue to call in to try to be the designated caller. Sponsor will also identify the task, if any, that the designated caller must perform on the call (e.g., answer a trivia question), as well as the phone number to call in (the "Contest Line"). When you hear the cue, call the Contest Line at the appropriate time to try to be the designated caller and perform any applicable task. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and any other criteria announced on-air, the designated caller will be announced a winner. Sponsor will decide, in its sole discretion, whether a participant has met all criteria to be announced a winner.
To be declared a winner: (a) you must be listening to the station when the cue to call the Contest Line airs; (b) you must be declared by Sponsor to be the designated caller and perform any applicable task to Sponsor's satisfaction; and (c) you must comply with all other terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any other rules announced on air. Telephone calls will be taken by Contest operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Contest announcement to determine the designated caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Contest operators will be final and binding in all respects.
Enter as often as you like, provided that using automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer-assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
Winner Selection and Odds: The maximum number of winners will be announced. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants.
If the Contest requires entrants to like or comment on a Facebook post:
You must have a Facebook account registered under your name and you must be signed on to that account when you enter. Listen to the station for Sponsor to cue listeners to like or comment on a specific post on the station's Facebook page and to announce any other entry criteria. When you hear the cue, go to the station's Facebook page and like or comment on the specified post at the appropriate time in accordance with any announced criteria. Unless otherwise specified, if the Contest requires entry by liking a post, Sponsor will select a winner through a random drawing among all eligible entrants.
If the Contest requires entry by commenting on a post, Sponsor will announce the criteria for designating a potential winner (e.g., the sixth person to comment) prior to the Contest Period. Sponsor will count comments in the order they are received and all comments received by Sponsor will be counted for the purpose of determining the winning entry. Sponsor may delete or decline to publish some comments during the Contest Period, but these will not be excluded from Sponsor's count. Only a valid entry submitted in compliance with these Official Rules may win. If Sponsor decides, in its sole discretion, that a potential winner's entry does not comply, Sponsor may designate the next valid entry to be the winning entry.
In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Facebook account from which the entry is submitted, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
Winner Selection and Odds: The maximum number of winners will be announced. Odds depend on the number of eligible participants.
If the Contest requires entry through the Open Mic mobile application:
You must have the Apple or Android Open Mic mobile application specific to the Station (the "Station's App") installed on your smart phone to enter. Listen to the station for Sponsor to cue listeners to enter via the Station's App and announce any other entry criteria. Use the Station's App to record and send an original entry in your own voice that meets all criteria announced on air and specified in these Official Rules. Data plan rates may apply. Your entry must be received by Sponsor during the Contest Period.
Sponsor may automatically receive personal information, such as your name and phone number, when you submit an entry through the Station's App. By entering, you consent to Sponsor's collection of this information and agree that Sponsor may contact you at this phone number to notify you if your entry is selected in connection with the Contest. If you sign up to receive a text message alert in connection with your entry, standard text messaging and data rates may apply.
In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered subscriber of the smart phone used to submit the entry, or else the person authorized by the subscriber to be the primary user of that phone.
Winner Selection: At the end of the Contest Period, one (1) entry will be selected by Sponsor's employee(s) experienced in radio programming and production based on the following criteria: 50% creativity, 25% clarity, 25% vocal ability. All decisions of the Contest judges are final.
Listeners accessing Sponsor's radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter the Contest. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Contest, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Contest Line or for a participant's failure to reach the Contest Line or Sponsor's Facebook page or to transmit an entry through the Station's App due to the malfunction of any application, software, hardware, network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, or other failures or malfunctions of any kind, including congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her entry. In the event an interruption of power, telephone service, the Internet, Facebook or the Station's App and associated data service occurs prior to Sponsor's selecting and/or announcing a winner, or a change in programming results in Sponsor's inability to air an opportunity to enter the Contest, Sponsor in its sole discretion may decide not to replay the affected entry opportunity and may reduce the number of prize opportunities awarded in the Contest accordingly. If a winner is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or any other applicable rules, that winner will be disqualified. Sponsor may decide, in its sole discretion, not to select a substitute winner and the prize will remain the property of Sponsor.
Any entry you submit (1) must be suitable for a general audience; (2) must not contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate material (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); and (3) must not contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works or intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsor to use in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Authorized Assets")). Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any material not original to you, not in the public domain, or that is not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
All entries shall become the sole property of Sponsor to be used or disposed of at Sponsor's sole discretion. Submission of any entry constitutes a participant's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor or its affiliates, advertising, promotion and production agencies permission to use the participant's name and any identifying information associated with the entry for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
4. Prize Description. Prizes will vary from contest to contest. A description of each prize and its retail value will be announced on air. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of any prize package.
If the prize is electronic, the retail value may be subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the retail value is estimated and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. A winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the retail value at the beginning of the Contest and the retail value at the time of prize delivery.
If the prize is a gift card, card issuer terms and conditions may apply.
If the prize involves tickets to a sporting event, a concert or a show ("Event"), no refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the Event. Sponsor will not be liable if the Event, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future event. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the Event tickets may govern if the Event is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Event tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Limit: (1) prize per person and per household is permitted in any thirty (30) day period and/or any contest period (if a specific contest lasts sixty  days, a winner may not win that specific contest again if even that specific contest lasts more than 30 days). Additionally, the award of a prize worth $600 or more makes the winner and the winner's household ineligible to win any prize for one (1) year.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Sponsor will determine and notify the winning participant on or about the same day that the Contest Period ends, unless otherwise specified.
A participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until Sponsor has verified eligibility and the winner's compliance with these and any other applicable rules.
Notification will vary according to the method of entry; a potential winner may be notified while on the Contest Line, by a message to his or her Facebook account, or by a telephone call to his or her smart phone, as applicable.
To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor's offices at 11700 Central Parkway, Jacksonville, Florida 32224 within ten (10) business days after notification during regular business hours (between 8:30 a.m. (E.S.T.) and 5:30 p.m. (E.S.T.) Monday through Friday, excluding holidays) and present an accepted form of identification. Accepted identification includes: a) a valid Florida or Georgia driver's license or other Florida or Georgia state-issued photo ID; or b) a valid photo ID issued by another state or the U.S. government accompanied by acceptable proof of residency in Georgia or Florida, such as a recent copy of a utility bill.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within ten (10) business days of notification. If the prize is a cash prize, a check will be mailed to the winner. The check may take 5-7 weeks to be processed and mailed from the time the winner provides all required identification and paperwork.
Sponsor's inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable and/or the the failure of a potential winner to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or any other applicable rules may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in the potential winner's disqualification.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash (unless the prize is a check). No substitutions are allowed by the winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules and any other applicable rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
6. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention,tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest.
8. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX ENTERPRISES, INC., FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
9. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANT(S) acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING tHE prize(S), ARE provided "as is" and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANT(S), printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT'S participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the stated number of prizes will be awarded in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes specified by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
11. Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored by Cox Radio, Inc. d/b/a/ Cox Media Group Jacksonville. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Cox Media Group, 11700 Central Parkway, Jacksonville FL, 32224 or visit that location during normal business hours. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Julie Bergman at Cox Media Group, 11700 Central Parkway, Jacksonville FL, 32224 or at Julie.Bergman@coxinc.com.
© 2020 Cox Media Group